History of Maken:
Originally Maiken came from another village called Kot Bhai Khane da. The Makin people like Subedar Mekan, Dhaleke Maken, Saleh Numberdar Maken got a lot of land at this place and settled here and the village was named Maken. As at that time there was no security and many times they were lotted from thieves and robbers. So for their security they brought other casts like Bhatti from Pindi-Bhattian and Gondal from Kot Moumman. And Makens then gave some lands to these people (Bhatti and Gondal). Since then this village has 3 main casts in the village , Maken, Bhatti, Gondal. There lived also some other casts like Muuchi, Tarkan (Mughal) etc.
The main source of income of the people of this village is Agriculture but many people are in Civil Services and some are living abroad and financing their relatives back in the village.
The literacy rate of this village is average.
There are two Govt schools
- Govt Primary School for Boys Maken
- Govt High School for Girls Maken
There is also one Private school call Elementary School for boys and girls and one Madrasa.
This village is about 20 km from city Mandi-Bahauddin and about 5 km from city Phalia.
- Pir Bhala (East)
- Laidar (South-West)
- Bohut (North-East)
- Thatti Bawa (South)
Social Personalities of the Village:
- Chairman Saleh s/o Subedar Maken
- Allah ditta s/o Bahadar khan Gondal
- Azzam Lohar Mughal member union counsil
- Muhammad Anwar s/o Sahi Muhammad Bhatti member union counsil
- Late Muhammad Anayat s/o Sher Muhammad Gondal
Highly Qualified Personalities of the Village
- Ijaz Bhatti Major Pak army Lahor
- Nazir Muuchi officer Wah Cantt factor
- Nawaz Bhatti s/o Muhammad Bhatti officer Wah Cantt Factory
- Abbas s/o Haidar Bhatti, Engineer Wah Cantt Factory
- Muhammad Aslam s/o Mahani Maken , office Wapda
- Abbas s/o Salabat Bhatti, Teacher
- Muhammad Azhar Qayyum (Civil Judge)
- Muhammad Mazhar Qayyam (Teacher)
- Muhammad Aslam Shahid ((r) Assistant to EDO Education)
Sport and Free time activities:
1. Kabadi (very famous)
3. Volley Ball
Info. Provided by Sahi Muhammad Bhatti