Kot Sher Muhammad کوٹ شیر محمد
By Qudirat Ellahi Ansari
Kot Sher Muhammad کوٹ شیر محمد is a village and Union council of Phalia Tehsil, Mandi Bahauddin District, Punjab, Pakistan. It is located at 787H+HWJ Sheray Wala & kot sher Muhammad and lies about 53 km from Mandi Bahauddin City.
The number of registered voters in the village is 6,800 among them almost half of them are of female voters. Although village is small but at the time of election village splits into three parts. Each group tries to cast votes against each other. At the time of BD elections both males and females cast vote but at National and Provincial Assembly elections only males cast their votes.
Majority population of the village belong to Ranjha community.
- Alam Kay
Highly Qualified Personalities:
- Khalid Mehmood Ranjha (Judge)
- Waqas Ahmed Ranjha (CHM Rawalpindi)
- Babar ikram Ranjha (Assistant Superintendent Jail)
- Moazzam Ikram Ranjha (MBBs & RHC Bekho Mor)
- Ahmed Saeed Ranjha (Advocate)
- Naeem Sarwar Ranjha (Advocate)
- Zulafqar Ahmed Ranjha (Advocate)
- Irfan Ahmed Ranjha (Advocate)
- Imran Ali Ranjha (Advocate)
- Ahmed Sher Ranjha (District officer)
- Kamran Ahmed Haral (Education officer)
- Abdul Rehman Ranjha (police officer)
- Dr. Ahsan ullah Ranjha
- Dr. Mohsin Raza Ranjha (PHD & Advocate )
- Noor Hayat Ranjha (Police officer)
- Asmat Ullah Ranjha (Education officer)
- Dr. Toqeer Ahmed Haral
- Nasar Ullah Haral (Education officer )
- Ch. Ikram Ullah Ranjha (Ex MPA)
- Ch. Khuram Ahsan Ranjha (Ex Nazim)
- Ch. Altaf Ahmed Ranjha (Ex MPA)
- Ch. Zeeshan Altaf Ranjha
- Ch. Khalid Mehmood Ranjha
- Ch. Fazal Ahmed Ranjha (Ex MPA)
- Ch. Akhtar Hayat Ranjha
- Ch. Usman Ahmed Ranjha
- Ch. Sheraz Ahmed Ranjha
- Ch. Saif Ullah Ranjha (Alam ka)
- Ch. Aslam Ranjha (Nazar ka)
Social Personalities of the Village
Political power PP-67 NA-80
- Ch. Khuram Ahsan Ranjha (Ex. Nazam )
- Ch. Ikram Ullah Ranjha (Ex MPA )
- Ch. Altaf Ahmad Ranjha (Ex MPA )
- Ch. Fazal Ahmad Ranjha (Ex MPA )
- Ch. Khalid Mehmood Ranjha (Retd. Session Jude)
- Ch. Khalid Mehmood Ranjha (MPA)
- Ch. Zeeshan Altaf Ahmad Ranjha (Chairman UC kot Sher Muhammad)
- Ch. Sheraz Ahsan Ranjha
- Ch Saif Ullah Ranjha (Alam Ka)
- Ch. Walait Ahmad (Nazar Muhammad ka)
- Ch. Muhammad Aslam (Nazir Muhammad ka)
- Qari Aziz Ahmad
- Hafiz Mahmood Ahmed
Means of Earning
Majority of the peoples earn their livelihood through agriculture. Few peoples are in Government services. Near about one thousand people of the village are residing in different countries of the World. Majority of people are residing in, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Europe.
Way Of Living:
Peoples of the village live a simple life. They have very friendly behavior. Peoples are very much hostile, peaceful and sincere. People of the village go to their lands to care their cattles and crops and come back in the evening so they have a very busy life. Young boys play Cricket, Volley Ball or play cards in their extra time. Peoples of the village remains careful about fight and misbehavior because if any body do a little mistake other party persons quickly report to the police at Thana Qadirabad.
Nature Of Peoples:
People of our village are very respective, moderate, well educated and good host. Way of living is mixture of agricultural and city life. Some people are working in govt sector and many are abroad.
Institutes in the Village
There are government primary and middle schools for both boys and girls. There are also private schools as well. The literacy rate is increasing sharply. There are also 05 Mosques in the village.
- Government Primary School for Boys.
- Government High School for Girls.
- Ghazali Education Trust School.
- Child Friendly Model School.
Hospitals, Medical Stores & Shops:
There is a BHU in the village. A MBBS Doctor and other staff is providing health facilities to the peoples of village and others. In private sector few Clinics are providing facilities to the peoples. There is one Medical Store and some General Shops and one B.H.U
There are five mosques in this village
Bazaar and Markets
No Bazars or Markets are present in the village only few General stores (Karyana shops) are present which provide commodities of daily use. Peoples have to go Bhoa Hassan, Bhabra, or Phalia City for major shopping.
In the village Television, Radio, Tape Recorder, PTCL Phones and Mobile Phones with services of all the Telecom companies are present in almost every house. Few homes in the village also possess COMPUTERS in them very rare people use internet.
Communication & Entertainment:
Every facility of modern era is available like Telephone, Internet, Transport , Mobiles, TV, TV-Cable etc.
Rest House: (Dara)
There is 10 Rest House For Peoples
Land of this village is very fertile almost every crop of the world can be grown here. people use peter engines for irrigation. Major crops of the village are
- Wheat (gandam)
- Rice (chawal)
- Corn (mukai)
- Potato (aalo)
- Barley (jao)
- Sugar Cane (kamad)
- Sweet Pea (mator)
- Chicken Pea (chana)
Village is located almost 34 KM towards east from Phalia City. People use Bike & Auto to reach the bus stop. Motorcycles and Cycles are very common in the village which are used to go towards their lands or near by areas.
Village land is very much fertile, availability of water is enough although soil not suitable for GYMNOSPERMS and FERNS but ANGIOSPERMS are very much common in the village which include both ornamental and wild. Important plant of the village are as under:
- Acacia species (kikar)
- Dalbergia sisso (tahli)
- Rosa indica (gulab)
- Orange species (maltay aur methhay)
- Guava (amrood)
- Mangoes (aam)
- Gomi (dhraik)
- Buffalos (bhainsein)
- Cows and Bulls (gaey aur bael)
- Sheeps (bhairain)
- Goats (bakrian)
- Horses (ghoray)
- Donkeys (gadhay)
- Dogs (kutay)
- Cats (Bilian)
- Hens (murgean)
- Rabbits (khargosh)
- Pigeons (kabutar
Free Time & Hobby:
There is one Park for Peoples nearby our Village and also there is Canal. Kabaddi is the Popular Sport in the Village.
Flora & Fauna:
As the area is very productive both animals and plants love to stay here.
Problems Of The Village:
- Sui Gas Problem
- There is no Community Center
- There is no High School for Boys
- Roads condition is very bad
- Health Problem
- Street Problems
May Allah Bless This village
Info Provided By
Qudirat Ellahi Ansari
Mobile Number 03447953202
Last edited on 26 April 2023