University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Rasul
University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Rasul District Mandi Bahauddin
The University of Engineering and Technology, Rasul, district Mandi Bahauddin, has a long history of its development and expansion. It started in 1873 as a School of Surveying in Oriental College, Lahore under the Punjab University. Over the years, the location and field of study expanded.
The present campus (over 216 acres land) was established in Rasul in 1912 to better meet the need of the growing population. In 1962 the school fell under the leadership of West Pakistan. The school was named as Government School of Engineering & Polytechnic Institute Rasul and 3 years diploma in Civil Technology was introduced under the Education Department of West Pakistan.
On October 10, 1974 the school was upgraded as the Government College of Technology under the Educational Policy of 1972 and B-Tech degree classes were also started in Construction and Public Health. In 1998, the college was put under the administration of the Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA) of the Government of Punjab, Pakistan. In October 2008 there were 4062 student; at the college’s peak there were 6,000 students. In 2011, the TEVTA replaced the B-Tech programme with 4 years B.Sc. Civil Engineering Technology in affiliation with UET Lahore.
In April 2014, the Chief Minister of Pakistan, Mian Shahbaz Sharif, upgraded the college to University of Engineering and Technology, Rasul. The college will continue the diploma programme along with the following degree programmes during 2014-15.