By: Tuqeer Ahmad
Jayya جیہ Jia or Jeya is a Khokaran village is located in District Mandi Bahauddin. It can be reached by Sargodha Road and moved to west side from Roza wali pull. It is away from District Mandi Bahauddin upto 15 KM south west side and 8KM from King Road and 2 KM south side of Rohiwal, Chimu Sahana Road.
The biggest famous fraternity/party of village is known as Malik, Khokhar. Expect these there are two more parties are here but these are bit small against above these two parties are Gondal and comboh.
Approximately 4 years or 4 an Half years ago few persons came from Sanica which is head related 8 or 10 km away from North side which is attached to Shahpur district Sargodha and make their residence in a small sandbank place where there today is Jayya now. This area was related to Bhikhi Sharif. Duration of the persons were estimated 7 mans and some women are also along with them
Sultan Mehmood alias Thanna has six sons. There are four sons has been mentioned above. In these sons four has its own generation but two was virgin and has not any son or daughter that is why no one knows about their name of anything else. When Mr. Thanna stationed at the Sandbank in this time there are much rush or robberies. When the persons of Chhimon came with determination to attack and rob/plunder towards bhikhi then the Baba Thanna and his sons compete them with bravery and compel them to run return to chhimon. When the people of bhikhi to know that some people came to protect them they gone to Baba thanna with whole village and said that please get our whole property but protect us and keep the theft away from us which are people of Chhimmon. In this occasion they gave the property to Thanna whish was round about 8 murrabba (square), and now Jayya is in those 8murrabba’s(square)
After passing the time the generation of Thanna was increased upto 4 thousand persons whose they have 13 fraternities.
- Kameer Kay
- Wajeer Kay
- Dadu Kay
- Wali Kay
- Hashmat Kay
- Moju Kay/ Phatu Kay
- Hasti Kay
- Tahri Kay
- Wali dad Kay
- Shahu Kay/ Qutab Deen Kay
Awais Tanveer s/o Tanveer Ahmad s/o Umar Hayyat s/o Muhammad Siddique s/o Muraad s/o Hashim s/o Salbat Urf Bati Khan s/o Kameer s/o Sultan s/o Saif s/o Haref s/o Naik s/o Suleman s/o Massan s/o Pora s/o Samman s/o Muhammad Zaman Khokhar s/o Aun Qutab Shaah s/o Qasim Yaali s/o Tayyar s/o Qasim s/o Hamza Awwal s/o Hassan s/o Ubaid Ullah s/o Hazrat Abbas s/o Hazrat Ali (R.A) s/o Hazrat Abu Talib (R.A) s/o Hazrat Abdul Mutlib s/o Hazrat Abdul Manaf s/o Hazrat Hashim.
In the east side of my sweet village is Bhikhi Shareef and the west side of my village is Tibba Khanana and Chhimu, north side of my village is Chhimu and south side is Chak No. 12 , Dalowaal and Bhikhi Shareef.
Area of the Village
Total area of the village is about 80 squares that is about 2,000 acres in which no one in the village contain more than 45 acres so no one is a big fish but it is almost equally distributed among prominent families.
Situation 450 year ago
Population of Jayya was totaly Muslim in 1947.
Neighboring villages oare
- Phattey da daira
- Bhikkhi Shareef
- Chak No. 12
- Chak No. 3
- Bagga Pind
- Chaah Bhulwaan
It is a very big village its about 500 houses are in it and about 4,500 peoples live in them. All the population of the village is Muslim among them all are Sunni except one house that is of Shia. No non-Muslim is there in the village.
The number of registered voters in the village is upto 2,500 among them almost half of them are of female voters. Although village is small but at the time of election village splits into three parts. Each group tries to cast votes against each other. At the time of body elections both males and females cast vote but at National and Provincial Assembly elections only males cast their votes.
Major casts of the village are
- Sayyed Badshaah
Others are below
- Muslim Shekh
Famous Clans of the village are:
- Kameer Kay
- Wajeer Kay
- Dadoo Kay
- Wali Kay
- Hashmat Kay
- Mojoo / Phattoo Kay
- Hasti Kay
- Taahri Kay
- Wali Daad Kay
- Shahoo Kay/ Qutab din Kay
Old Famous Personalities
Important personalities of the village are as follows:
- Baba Haasham s/o Bati Khan Khokhar
- Baba Muraad s/o Haasham Khokhar
- Baba Malik s/o Bahawal Khokhar
- Laal din s/o Mirza Khokhar
- Pathani s/o Sardaroo Khokhar
- Bahoo s/o Jahana Khokhar
- Jahana s/o baqri Khokhar
- Sarishta s/o Saahna Khokhar
- Sardar s/o Mola Daad Khokhar
- Malik Muneer Ahmad s/o Mughal Khan Khokhar (First Master Degree Holder)
- Altaf Ahmed Shahzad s/o Ghulam Muhammad Khokhar
- Imtiaz Ahmed s/o Ghulam Muhammad Khokhar
- Malik Aamir Bashir s/o Bashir Ahmad Khokhar
- Malik Aabid Bashir s/o Bashir Ahmad Khokhar
- Malik Tariq Javaid s/o Sardar Khan Khokhar
- Malik Tariq Riaz s/o Muhammad Riaz Khokhar
- Malik Yasir Irfat s/o Saee Muhammad Khokhar
- Rashid Khan s/o Haji Khan Muhammad Khokhar
New Famous Personalities
- Malik Munir Ahmad s/o Mugal Khan Khokhar
- Malik Umar Hayyat s/o Muhammad Siddique Khokhar
- Malik Laiq Muhammad s/o Baba Malk Khokhar
- Malik Inayat s/o Bahoo Khokhar
- Jahan khan s/o Hayyat Khokhar
- Muhammad Sultan s/o Jahan khan Khokhar
- Mehboob Hussain s/o Sarishta Khokhar
- Muhammad Ashraf s/o Sai Muhammad Khokhar
- Nazir Ahmad s/o Gulam Rasul Raika
- Ahmad Khan s/o Murad Khokhar
- Shaukat Ali s/o Ataa Khokhar
- Iftikhar Ahmad s/o Gulam Khokhar
- Gulam Mustafa s/o Talib Khokhar
- Manzoor Ahmad s/o Roshan s/o Zayada Khokhar
Means of Earning
Majority of the peoples earn their livelihood through agriculture. Few peoples are in Government services and among them most are in Private Jobs and Army. Now there is trend among the youth to go abroad that’s why many peoples of the village are found in France, Spain, U.K, Italy, Dubai, Belgium, Saudi-Arabia, and Muscat etc. in search of their earning.
Way of living
Peoples of the village live a simple life. They have very friendly behavior. Peoples are very much hostile, peaceful and sincere. Except few black sheep’s vulgarity is an uncommon thing. People of the village go to their lands to care their cattles and crops and come back in the evening so they have a very busy life. Young boys play Cricket, Volley Ball. Volley Ball is the Famous Game of our Village. Peoples of the village remains careful about fight and misbehavior because if anybody does a little mistake other party persons quickly report to the police at Thana Kuthiala Sheikhan.
The Boys of my village plays games in their free time. Famous game of my village is Shooting Volley Ball. There are two clubs in my village
- Khokhar wali Ball club Jayya
- Khokhar Saqi wali Bal club Jayya
There are two more Game are in my village.
- Kabootar Bazi
There is a Famous Game that known as Horse Riding. Horse riding is over best Game. There is club “Ideal Sherazi Club“
Bazaars And Markets
No Bazaars or Markets are present in the village only General stores (Karyana shops) are present which provide commodities of daily use. Peoples have to go M.B.Din for major shopping and to King Road for minor shopping.
There are total four mosques in the village, two in the main village, and others two are out sides of the village. There are two Jaamia masjjads.
- Markazi Jaamia Masjad Hanfia Rizwia in east side of the village
- Jaamia Masjad Farooqia Jalalia
The Namaz e Jumma & Namaz e Eid are Held in the twice Jamia Mosques. There are many Namazi in my Sweet Village.
There are seven shrines in the village. These are off our in village The main is BABA NOOR Peer Qureshi. In this Shrine two Bazurgs, One is Hazrat Baba Peer Sayed Noor Peer Qureshi and second is Hazrat Baba peer Feroz Shah Qureshi.
People from all over the area come here to get rid of many diseases especially join pains. They believe that after coming, offering Fateah, putting money in the safe and distributing Chawal & Doodh. They get rid of these problems. There held Mehfil e Naat in at every Thursday and Giaarvi Shareef in the date of 11th of every Islamic Month. People go to the shrine every Moring for recite of the Holly Quran and go there after every Jumma for Fateha Khawani.
Shrine (Darbar) of Baba Noor Peer Hashmi is located mid in Qabristan and the East side of the village. In the past this money was used by the Makhdom Muhammad Bakhash is used for the construction and well being of the shrine.
People pick stone from the Darbar and tie them with their arms to get rid of Fever especially chronic fever headache and pain.
Schools and Education
Literacy rate of the village is much better. Almost every child of the village goes to school. There are five schools in the village:
- Govt. Primary School for Girls Jayya
- Govt. Boys Middle School Jayya
- Mukthar Cadet Model School for boys & Girls Jayya
- Falcon Public High School for Girls
- Safdar Middal School for Boys & Girls
Highly Qualified Persons
Although the literacy rate is good but only few persons are Master degree holders among them:
- Malik Muneer Ahmad s/o Mughal Khan Khokhar (First Master Degree Holder), ASF (R) Inspector
- Malik Imran Munir s/o Munir Ahmad Khokhar (B.S (HON) Computer)
- Malik Aabid Bashir s/o Bashir Ahmad Khokhar, ICMA (Pakistan) & ACCA (NEC) London
- Malik Aamir Bashir s/o Bashir Ahmad Khokhar, M.B.A
- Malik Tariq Javaid s/o Sardar Khan Khokhar, B.A LLB, Advocate
- Malik Basharat Ali s/o Sardar Khan Khokhar, Principal Of Cadet Model High School Sohawa Bolani, B.A B.Ed.
- Malik Tariq Riaz s/o Muhammad Riaz Khokhar, M.A L.L.B
- Malik Yasir Irfat s/o Saee Muhammad Khokhar, M.A Political Science
- Malik Safdar Iqbal s/o Saee Muhammad Khokhar, M.A Economics
- Imtiaz Ahmed s/o Ghulam Muhammad Khokhar, L.L.B (Hons)
- Altaf Ahmed Shahzad s/o Ghulam Muhammad Khokhar, LLM (International Trade law), LLB (Hons) (Shariah & Law )
- Malik Muhammad Aslam s/o Muhammad Hayyat, (Civil Engineer)
- Malik Qamar Abbas s/o Munir Ahmad Khokhar (Civil Engineer)
- Malik Irfan Sher s/o Sher Muhammad Khokhar (Civil Engineer)
- Malik Tahir Mahmood s/o Bakar Khan Khokhar (DAE Electrical)
- Malik Gulam Abbas s/o Muhammad Riaz Khokhar (DAE Electrical)
- Malik Fakhar Abbas s/o Muhammad Riaz Khokhar (DAE Civil)
There are many Boys who are F.A Pass and many survivors of my village those are abroad for job seeking. And many boys & girls are Matric pass. Few females have also done Master degrees & Bachelor in different subjects.
- Malik Tariq Riaz Khokhar (Inspector)
- Muhammad Ashraf (ASI)
- Zulfiqar Ahmad Khokhar (ASI)
- Muhammad Haneef (Inspector)
And Many Boys are Constables.
Note: Many persons are in Army and Rangers and at different posts of Govt. There are two Advocates in my Sweet Village and one JUDGE.
- Mr. Altaf Ahmed Shehzad Khokhar (Civil Judge Cum Judicial Magistrate)
- Mr. Tariq Javaid Khokhar (Advocate Mandi Bahauddin Bar)
- Mr. Imtiaz Ahmad Khokhar (High court)
There is no hospital in the village only one clinic is present which is run by a health related servant. One female of the village is working as a Health Worker. She is creating awareness in females about health related problems. Now after her guidance females are very much aware of pregnancy and birth etc. Generally peoples get medicine of minor diseases from King Road and of major from M.B.Din.
Village is located almost 2 KM towards South from Chimmo Sahna Mandi Bahauddin Road. People of the village travel on Buses, Vans from Rohiwala Stop or Villages own Van Stop. They also travel on Train after riding from Ahla Railway Station which is almost 5 KM from the village. Motor Cycles and Cycles are very common in the villages which are used to go towards their lands or nearby areas.
In the village Television, Radio, Tape Recorder, V Wireless Phones and Mobile Phones with services of all the Telecom companies are present in almost every house. Few homes in the village also possess Computers in them very rare people use internet.
Flora and Fauna
As the area is very productive both animals and plants love to stay here. Domestic animals of the village are
- Buffalos (bhainsein)
- Cows and Bulls (gaey aur bael)
- Sheeps (bhairain)
- Goats (bakrian)
- Horses (ghoray)
- Donkeys (gadhay)
- Dogs (kutay)
- Cats (Bilian)
- Hens (murgean)
- Rabbits (khargosh)
- Pigeons (kabutar)
- Fishes (in forms)
Village land is very much fertile, availability of water is enough although soil not suitable for GYMNOSPERMS and FERNS but ANGIOSPERMS are very much common in the village which includes both ornamental and wild. Important plant of the village is as under:
- Acacia species (kikar)
- Dalbergia sisso (tahli)
- Rosa indica (gulab)
- Orange species (maltay aur methhay)
- Guava (amrood)
- Mangoes (aam)
- Gomi (dhraik)
- Bamboo (Baance)
Crops of the Village
Land of this village is very fertile almost every crop of the world can be grown here. People use peter engines for irrigation purposes. Major crops of the village are
- Wheat (gandam)
- Rice (chawal)
- Corn (mukai)
- Potato (aalo)
- Barley (jao)
- Sugar Cane (kamad)
- Sweet Pea (mator)
Problems of the Village’s People
As the Village is small so basic facilities are absent No hospital, No Markets, No college for Boys or Girls therefore peoples especially females have to face many difficulties in order to fulfill their daily or occasional necessities. Main problems of the village are as under.
Wastewater Removal System
The most prominent problem of the village is the removal of wastewater of homes and rain.In the absence of sewerage system some people of the village has to face problems like accumulation of rain water in front of their houses, when the LAKE (chhapparr present in the center of the village) is filled with water it come out in the streets this not only paralyse life in their homes but also a source of many diseases like MALARIA,CHOLERA and SCABIES etc.
Unlike other nearby villages Jagirdari system is not at its peak but some roots are there in this village, one example occurred few years ago when all the JUTT bradary decided to punish Kami brodery because they were becoming disobedient unfortunately some of them come under this violence but now situation is changing with the passage of time.
Problems of the Poor People
People of the village are not very rich nor very poor. Except few houses all other can earn their livelihood easily those who are poor they are helped by the other village people in the form of Fitrana or other things in the name of God so fortunately everyone is able to eat honorably.
Educational Problems Faced by Girls
This is another main problem faced by students especially by Girls as there is no institute after Matric so the girls have to face great hurdle in their career so most of them stop their education because villagers does not allow their girls to go away from their homes, So most of the girls are under matric if other want to carry on their education they do so either Privately through Punjab University or through Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad.
Promises made by the Political Leaders of the area
This is a very interesting topic because when there is period of election especially of National and Provincial Assembly it looks that all the candidates are our own and they are in election only for our village because they solve all the problems of the village with their tongue in few minutes but as soon as they becomes leaders they even refuse to recognize their major supporters until the next election comes.
Crime rate in Village
As it is already mentioned that most of the reports in Thana Kutiala Sheikhan belong to this village in which most are to pull legs or arms of the opposing party but the steeling of cattles is an important problem faced by villagers especially JUTT families such Thieves have belong to nearby villages whom names are not good to mention, in this village few black sheeps in young generation are also going on wrong path.
- The problem of wastewater removal can be resolved by passing sewerage pipes towards villager’s own land to Barsaati Naala.
- The problem of medical facilities can be resolved by arranging one MBBS doctor to whom in addition to his own fees villagers should pay some salary by collecting fund from the village.
- Difference of JUTTS and other castes can be reduced by educating people and creating awareness of our religion.
- Education problems of girls can be resolved by constructing an institute upto master level at least in arts subjects in this or any of the neighboring villages.
- About promises of leaders (bus Allah un ko hadaet de).
- Crime rate or steeling can be minimized by introducing baradari system by keeping a guard to look after village during night.
- Problem of poor people can be met by creating fund for them by villagers.
ALLAH BLESS THIS VILLAGE (Aameen)
Information Provided By Tuqeer Ahmad
For any objection contact at firstname.lastname@example.org 0343-6198021
This information was written in 2012.